Is this a commercial website?|
No! This is a non-commercial website run and maintained solely by me in my free time. This website is not associated with any commercial website or organization. I do however give recommendations on commercial products that I have personally used and found useful and value for money.
This is a non-commercial website! Any personal information that you provide during the registration process for a user account will only be used for the purpose of user administration on this website only. Your personal data will not be passed to any other parties. If I'm contacted by someone regarding genealogical research where you was the source and they wish to contact you. Then with their permission I will pass their contact details to you, rather than give out your contact details.
How do I download a GEDCOM file?|
Before you can download a GEDCOM file you need to be a registered user and logged on in the website.
- Select the person you are interested in from the Individual, Ancestors, Descendants, Family Group, Surnames or Search pages, then click on the GEDCOM tab.
- Check to make sure the correct person in selected to start the GEDCOM file from. Then select Ancestors or Descendents for that person from the combo box.
- Select the number of generations you want to include. Note: minimum is 1 maximum is 8.
- Click on the Build GEDCOM button.
- Click on the Save button.
- Select the path on your computer where you want to save the file.
- Rename file if require and click on the Save button.
You should now have the GEDCOM file saved to your computer for the person you selected with either their ancestors or descentants for the number of generations you selected.
How do I find the person I'm looking for on this website?|
There are several methods to finding a individual on this website.
- Click on the Search icon. The the Name, Surname and any other information you may have and click on the Search button. From the result click on the individual you want and you're there. If you get no results try searching using less information or change the field parameters of the search.
- Click on Surnames. Then select the Surname you what if present or the letter the Surname starts with to get the the correct list of surnames. From the result click on the individual you want and you're there.
- Or you can browse the tree via the Ancestors or Descendants views. To get to these click on Browse Family Tree of D J Hunt (pedigree) or Browse Family Tree of N J Johnson (pedigree) on the Welcome page.
Note: This website only contains infomation of individuals that are releated to D J Hunt and N J Johnson that I have published. It is not complete and does not cover everybody.
How do I logon?|
Before you logon to the website you must first have registered for a user account and have an activated user account.
- Almost all pages on the website have a logon link, simply click on the link.
- Enter you Username and Password.
- Click on the Login button.
How do I register as a user?|
If you are not already on the home page, click on Home.
- Once on the Home page click on REGISTER FOR A USER ACCOUNT.
- Enter the characters of the challenge image into the textbox and click on the Submit button.
- Enter your registration details in the textbox provide. The minimum you must supply is Username, Password, Your Real Name and E-mail Address.
- Click on the Submit button.
You will be notified by email once your registration and been reviewed and your account has been activated. Please note that this is not an automatic process and I manually review and authorise all registration requests. I try to deal with all requests within 48 hours. If you have not heard anything from me after 48 hours please contact me.
Why do I see the word Living in the place of where individuals names would be shown?|
Only certain information is shown for living individuals. Depending on your user permissions (if you have a user account) you will either see Living, the individuals surname and initials or their full name. Those with no user account or not logged in will only see the word Living in place of the individuals name. The majority of users will not be permitted to view information for living individuals - this is to help prevent personal identity fraud.
Unable to read the challenge graphic on the 'Contact Us' or 'Suggest a Change' pages?|
The challenge graphic has been added to reduce automated spam reaching my mailbox. Generally there should be no problems for people to be able to read the graphic. Please ensure you enter all the characters in lower case - failing to do this will result in failing the challenge.
But if you do continue to have problems, please email me on 'genealogy_at_2hunt4_dot_info' replacing '_at_' with '@' and replace '_dot_' with '.', with a note of the problem and I'll contact you directly.